HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running
If your HP laptop screen remains black after restarting explorer.exe, you must restart this process. You may want to clear the cache first. You may see a drop in performance. If you press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, you can open the Task Manager. Today we discuss the topic “HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running.
If there is no spinning fan and disk drive sound, connect the AC power adapter but not the battery, press the power button and watch for glowing LEDs near the caps lock and num lock keys.
HP Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running
This problem will not cause the HP laptop screen to blackout. If you turn on your HP notebook computer and it becomes black, you will learn how to fix it. Windows usually updates when this occurs.
In some cases, issues arise mostly for technical reasons and can only be understood by professionals. A Windows update could also cause the issue at times. This is true. It is not necessary to panic if you cannot resolve the problem after several attempts. You may find the tips provided in this article helpful.
HP Pavilion x360 – Best HP Laptop
- Display: 14 Inches
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 12.76 x 8.78 x 0.81 inches
Another best PhD student’s laptop is HP Pavilion 360 that comes with a good display screen, high-speed processor, compact size, good memory speed, and is available in natural silver color.
Why Is Your Laptop Stuck on a Black Screen?
Several reasons can be explored to determine the cause of the black screen on your HP laptop while it is still running.
- Booting problems can occur on HP laptops. You may feel that you cannot move when the HP laptop is booting because the screen goes black while it is being powered on. It would help if you concentrated more on the laptop’s sound rather than constantly moving the cursor in such a case. There may be another cause for the issue if you do not hear any sound. Und.
- The operating system may be the cause. A problem with the operating system may be causing the HP laptop to go black even after it boots up. It would help if you looked for corrupt files that might be harming the operating system. You may try restarting your HP laptop and see if it helps. If the problem persists, it might be necessary to erase the hard drive and install a new version of Windows.
- There may be a need to adjust your power settings. Your laptop screen may turn black but the machine will still run if your power setting is incorrect. Your laptop’s brightness and power settings need to be examined. In addition, you should check if your laptop is in power-saving mode. This could explain the problem. You should increase your HP laptop’s brightness if it’s too dim.
- You may need to adjust the external display. Trying to connect your laptop to another monitor will help you if the issue is coming from the external display of your laptop. This means that the real issue is with your laptop’s LCD. If it works on the external monitor, you know your laptop has a problem with its LCD. You will probably have to replace your graphics card if there is a problem with the external display.
- Your laptop may also be overheating. HP laptops sometimes turn black despite overheating but continue to run. In most cases, when this occurs, the screen would be black because the laptop would shut off.
- The problem may be hardware-related. There must be something wrong with your laptop to get down to this point.
Method 1: Disable Fast Startup
For your laptop to be fast and startup-free, you need to follow these steps. In this way, your laptop will not do anything that you would not want it to do. To disable fast startup, follow these steps:
- The first step is to press the Window key. In the search field, type Control Panel then press Enter.
- Then, scroll down and click Power Options.
- Click the Off option then OK.
- Click Save changes once you’re done.
Method 2: Boot into Safe Mode
When you try to boot your HP laptop into safe mode, the steps below will help you check if something is wrong.
- A bootable disk can be used to start the laptop.
- Select Troubleshoot from the Repair menu.
- In the Advanced settings, click Restart.
- After that, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Method 3: Hard Reset HP Laptop
If none of the above options works for you, you may try resetting your HP laptop. You will want to have a backup of your data before you do this so that you won’t lose anything important.
- It is recommended that you turn off your HP laptop and remove any external hard drives connected.
- You should then press and release the power button several times.
- A restart of your HP laptop should follow.
Method 4: Utilize HP Emergency BIOS Recovery
In addition, if your laptop screen goes black but your computer is still running, you can use the HP Emergency BIOS Recovery feature.
- After connecting it to a power adapter, you should turn off your HP laptop.
- Press Windows + B and the Power key simultaneously to turn off the laptop.
- The next time you hear a beep, you will be in the BIOS.
- Then you can restore the previous BIOS version.
Method 5: Restart Explorer.exe Process
If the HP laptop screen continues to be black, restart the explorer.exe process. If any cache is causing the issue, clearing it will help resolve it.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Task Manager.
- The explorer.exe process can be seen by clicking on the Details tab.
- You should then select the Task End button at the bottom and click it.
- Your HP laptop should then reboot and you should return to Task Manager.
- You should choose File and Run a new task.
- Type “explorer.exe” to see if your laptop is working properly.
Method 6: Reset the Memory Modules
It is also important that you reset the laptop’s memory modules. A black screen may occur when a laptop is continuously used without being checked for health problems.
- Turn your laptop off first. Then unplug the power cord.
- A memory module can be found here. The modules’ clips should be disengaged.
- You should check again whether the memory has been disengaged properly.
- The memory module should be removed and reinstalled.
Although this method can fix issues caused by loose memory modules, it still requires some techniques.
Method 7: Factory Reset HP
You can try resetting HP when such issues arise and see if it helps. This is how you do it:
- Disconnect all connected devices and turn off the laptop.
- Press the F11 key to restart it. This will bring up the System Recovery screen.
- Choose the Troubleshoot and Reset option.
Clicking on the “Reset this PC” button allows you to keep your files or erase them. If you accidentally chose the latter option, your data can still be recovered.
Method 8: Contact HP Support
If everything else fails, you can contact HP support and explain the issue in detail for better support. You can check the FAQ section of the official website for more information about your problem type.
Part 2: How to Recover Data from Your HP Laptop with Black Screen
We are certain that you will have resolved your problem of a black screen in your HP laptop when you arrive here. Have you noticed that some of your important files disappear from your laptop when you use them again? A black screen on a laptop often means data loss, so it’s not surprising.
You do not have to worry about losing data when working with us. With us, you do not have to worry about losing data. It is recommended that you use the iMyFone AnyRecover software to recover data from your computer even if your computer crashed, the hard drive failed, or the recycle bin was emptied.
Among the features of AnyRecover are:
- This program recovers data from various storage devices such as USB flash drives, SD cards and SSDs.
- Detects files based on their type and time.
- All files are recovered in their original format without being overwritten, so it’s 100% safe.
- Preview of files before recovery is supported, so it’s easy to use.
- You can download AnyRecover for Mac or Windows and run it. Then click the Start button to select the location where you want data recovery.
- A deep scan of your lost data will begin once you have selected the location where you want it to occur. It will take some time to complete.
- You can then select which files to recover or select all of them by hitting the Recover button.
You must keep a close eye on your HP laptop and have it checked before a black screen issue occurs again so that it does not happen again.
In addition, AnyRecover can restore your lost data and files onto your computer. The software is worth checking out even in Windows 11. Would you consider this article helpful? Please tell us what you think.
- How to Charge Laptop Battery Manually
- How To Disable Laptop Speakers But Not Headphones
- How To Get A Voice Changer On Ps4
- What Operating System Does Alienware Use
- How to Play PS4 on Chromebook with HDMI
- How To Run Overwatch On A Low End Laptop
- How To Unlock Keyboard on Acer Laptop
Hi, I’m John Smith. A CEO & SEO Editor on TechConsumptions. I have a team of hardcore laptop experts that often write about laptop fixes, Unbox them and give the best recommendations for Laptops, Gaming Laptops. I wish If I had enough money, I will definitely buy every laptop